Friday 8 April 2016

8/4/16 My Monologues & Musings : The Seed and Me (Mk 4:1-8)

8/4/16 My Monologues & Musings :  The Seed and Me (Mk 4:1-8)

The Parable of the Sower
4 Again Jesus began to teach by the lake. The crowd that gathered around him was so large that he got into a boat and sat in it out on the lake, while all the people were along the shore at the water’s edge. 2 He taught them many things by parables, and in his teaching said: 3 “Listen! A farmer went out to sow his seed. 4 As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up. 5 Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. 6 But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root. 7 Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants, so that they did not bear grain. 8 Still other seed fell on good soil. It came up, grew and produced a crop, some multiplying thirty, some sixty, some a hundred times.”

Dear Jesus, the Risen Lord,
Thank you for your parable.
It helps me to look at my life.
Yes, Lord,
I have the rocky and shallow soil in me.
Many a times,
I am inspired :
by Your Life,
by Your Deeds, and
by Your Word.
And I want earnestly live and form my life inspired by Your Word and Deeds.
I begin to do so and make start.
But it just doesn't last.
Because I am very shallow.
And after a brief period many of my good
beginnings die out and disappear.
I feel bad about it and I get discouraged.
Sometimes I get depressed too.
At times I even feel angry with myself.
I feel very guilty.
Then I go to Confessions with contrition.
For a while i feel good.
And I start all over again to live upright.
It too doesn't last ..
The vicious cycle of my keeps repeating.
Dear Jesus, the Risen Lord,
Despite being a senior priest,
I am caught in it and with it.
You know it, Don't You, Lord!
That’s  part of me, Lord!

Dear Jesus, the Risen Lord,
Thorns and thistles in forms of my addictions as well as external circumstances and situations are also part of self which often choke off Your Word and the inspirations which spring up in me!
Ultimately I end up with a life which often produces not even the minimum of growth and improvement in my relation ship with You as well as with my fellow humans.
This is yet again a part of me.
Dear Jesus, tge RisenLord,
You know me too well, Don't You?
I want to keep working on rocky soil and thorns and thistles in my life which blocks the growth of my relationship with You and with my fellow humans.
Dear Jesus, the Risen Lord,
Today in a very special way I thank you for my parents who got married on the 8th April seveny six years ago!

My Dearest Mother and Father,
I do still have your Wedding Shawls. I do keep them as a precious Treasure. Mother, I have your Wooden Box which you got as a part of your dower. I use it as a Mini Alter in my room.
Though you were together  only for seven years as the Lord called you, mother to heaven. I was just forty one days old when you were called to heaven.
 Yes I do miss her as well as my father. 
Dear Jesus, the Risen Lord,  Today both of them are celebrating together their seventy sixth Wedding Anniversary up on heaven in your presence, Right, Lord?
I want to keep working to produce better harvest so that they can be proud of their son. Sure, I have disappointed them. And at times they have been ashamed of me and way of life.
I am sorry my Mother and my Father for having disappointed you. I shall and will keep trying to do better so that you can proud of your son.
I miss you both!
May continue to enjoy the Eternal Bliss in the of Jesus, the Risen Lord.
Someday we shall be together!

Dear Jesus, the Risen Lord,
I bring before you:
Everyone of my loved ones.
Everyone of my enemies who were and are.
Everyone who loves as well as hates me.
Everyone whom I love and whom i hate.
Everyone who helps me and who don't.
Everyone whom i have lead astray.
Everyone who is sick and needs healing.
Everyone who is in despair and needs hope.
Every priest who is in need of prayers.
Everyone who has met with me!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I thank You,
I thank the Father,
I thank the Spirit,
For Your Unsolicited gift of life for me!
For Your Uncountable blessings for me!
For Your Unlimited Patience with me!
For Your Untold Forgiveness for me!
For Your Unflinching faith in me!
For Your Unfailing Hope in me!
For Your Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
JoAchen
Friday, 8th April  2016

These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are a sort of devotional musings and monologues mainly meant for my personal renewal and spiritual growth. They are a part of my journaling as a Prodigal Priest trying to make my pilgrimage back to the Home of our Heavenly Father. As I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours. Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment