Saturday 16 April 2016

16/4/16 My Monologues & Musings : Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say?(Lk 6:46)

16/4/16 My Monologues & Musings :   Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say?(Lk 6:46)


Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say? 47 As for everyone who comes to me and and hears my words and puts them into practice, I will show you what they are like. 48 They are like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation 9t the one who hears my words and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete.”( Lk 6: 46-49)

Dear  Jesus,  My Risen Lord,
You are perfectly right!
I lull myself into the belief :
That,  by being very vocal in my prayers,
That,  by loudly repeating your Name..Jesus..Jesus,
That, by piously and loudly repeating : Lord..Lord,
I make myself believe that God will be pleases with me.
I fool myself in believing that I become closer to You!
And I find favour in your sight!
I don’t care much to live according to your Instructions.
Yes, I know you disapprove of my vocal prayers without any follow up and meaningful actions.
I have been doing it so long!
And l know the time allotted for me is running out!
I better match my vocal prayers with  meaningful actions.
You do expect me to match my vocal prayers with my daily activities, especially being a priest, a senior priest.
But many of my deeds and actions have disappointed you and have drove my fellow humans away from you!
I am sorry! deeply sorry, Lord!

Dear Jesus, My Risen Lord,
I want to mend my erring ways and try to live your Word.
And thus I am able to be in your presence with eternal joy!
Amen

Dear Jesus, the Risen Lord,
I bring before you:
Everyone of my loved ones.
Everyone of my enemies who were and are.
Everyone who loves as well as hates me.
Everyone whom I love and whom i hate.
Everyone who helps me and who don't.
Everyone whom i have lead astray.
Everyone who is sick and needs healing.
Everyone who is in despair and needs hope.
Every priest who is in need of prayers.
Everyone who has met with me!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I thank You,
I thank the Father,
I thank the Spirit,
For Your Unsolicited gift of life for me!
For Your Uncountable blessings for me!
For Your Unlimited Patience with me!
For Your Untold Forgiveness for me!
For Your Unflinching faith in me!
For Your Unfailing Hope in me!
For Your Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
JoAchen
Joachenmonologues@gmail.com
Saturday, 16th April 2016

These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are a sort of devotional musings and monologues mainly meant for my personal renewal and spiritual growth. They are a part of my journaling….
I am a near seventy year old Pallottine priest from India. I consider myself to be a "prodigal priest in process," trying to make my pilgrimage back to the Home of the Heavenly Father guided by His Son and the Holy Spirit, aided by the Blessed Mother and St. Joseph, and inspired by Thomas the Apostle and by Vincenzo Pallotti, "the apostle of Rome." Despite my academic studies in Indian Philosophy (India), Sacred Scriptures(Rome), Psychology (USA) and Teaching and Parish Ministries at home and abroad, I have yet to do a lot more and work on myself much more for my spiritual growth and personal maturity. As I lag behind, I strongly feel the urge and need to grow spiritually and wholistically. I need to start almost every day anew. I keep on counting the innumerable blessings which the Lord keeps showering on me for the last near seventy years and I keep on recounting my manifold sins and failures with a contrite heart.Trying out a semi-secluded way of life, I find myself perched on a Hilltop Shrine. Dear Reader, I keep holding you in my daily prayers and request you to do the same for me.Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment