Thursday 14 April 2016

14/4/16 My Monologues & Musings : Calming the Storm (Mk 4:35-41)

14/4/16 My Monologues & Musings :  Calming the Storm (Mk  4:35-41)

Jesus Calms the Storm
35 That day when evening came, he said to his disciples, “Let us go over to the other side.” 36 Leaving the crowd behind, they took him along, just as he was, in the boat. There were also other boats with him. 37 A furious squall came up, and the waves broke over the boat, so that it was nearly swamped. 38 Jesus was in the stern, sleeping on a cushion. The disciples woke him and said to him, “Teacher, don’t you care if we drown?”
39 He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Quiet! Be still!” Then the wind died down and it was completely calm.40 He said to his disciples, “Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?”
41 They were terrified and asked each other, “Who is this? Even the wind and the waves obey him!”

Dear Jesus, My Risen Lord,
My mind is often a raging sea with waves of wanton thoughts and destructive emotions.  

Dear Jesus, My Risen Lord,
Many a times I feel suffocated by the fear of yielding to those negative and destructive emotions.
At times, I feel that I have almost got drowned in them.
A number of times I have been over powered by them.
On several occassions i have been tossed around by those strong tempest of temptations.
I am eternally grateful for having been rescued from the squall of sinful emotions just as you rescued your disciples from the raging sea.
Dear Jesus, My Risen Lord,
Thank you for saving me before I got perished for ever.
Those traumatic memories still keep haunting me.
Those killer waves:
of lusting after anger,
of  lusting after revenge,
of lusting after retaliation,
of lusting after power,
of lusting after money,  
of lustiing after carnal pleasures.
They still haunt me!

Dear Jesus, My Risen Lord,
Like the disciples I have felt and feared of your lack of interst in me.
But you were always there within me and around me.
Due to the over bearing fury of those killer emotions,
I did fail to feel your silent presence in me.
But you were there always.
Though temporarily I got pulled down under the strong currents of sinful emotions and actions,
You, Oh, Lord, did rescue me from getting lost forever.
Thank you,
Oh, Lord, My Saviour and My God!
Millions and Millions of Thanks! Oh, Lord!

Dear Jesus, the Risen Lord,
I bring before you:
Everyone of my loved ones.
Everyone of my enemies who were and are.
Everyone who loves as well as hates me.
Everyone whom I love and whom i hate.
Everyone who helps me and who don't.
Everyone whom i have lead astray.
Everyone who is sick and needs healing.
Everyone who is in despair and needs hope.
Every priest who is in need of prayers.
Everyone who has met with me!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I thank You,
I thank the Father,
I thank the Spirit,
For Your Unsolicited gift of life for me!
For Your Uncountable blessings for me!
For Your Unlimited Patience with me!
For Your Untold Forgiveness for me!
For Your Unflinching faith in me!
For Your Unfailing Hope in me!
For Your Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
JoAchen
Joachenmonologues@gmail.com
Thursday, 14th April 2016

These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are a sort of devotional musings and monologues mainly meant for my personal renewal and spiritual growth. They are a part of my journaling….
I am a near seventy year old Pallottine priest from India. I consider myself to be a "prodigal priest in process," trying to make my pilgrimage back to the Home of the Heavenly Father guided by His Son and the Holy Spirit, aided by the Blessed Mother and St. Joseph, and inspired by Thomas the Apostle and by Vincenzo Pallotti, "the apostle of Rome." Despite my academic studies in Indian Philosophy (India), Sacred Scriptures(Rome), Psychology (USA) and Teaching and Parish Ministries at home and abroad, I have yet to do a lot more and work on myself much more for my spiritual growth and personal maturity. As I lag behind, I strongly feel the urge and need to grow spiritually and wholistically. I need to start almost every day anew. I keep on counting the innumerable blessings which the Lord keeps showering on me for the last near seventy years and I keep on recounting my manifold sins and failures with a contrite heart.Trying out a semi-secluded way of life, I find myself perched on a Hilltop Shrine. Dear Reader, I keep holding you in my daily prayers and request you to do the same for me.Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment