Sunday 10 April 2016

10/4/16 My Monologues & Musings : The Childlike Spontaneity of Thomas (Jn 14 : 5-7)

10/4/16 My Monologues & Musings :
The Childlike Spontaneity of Thomas (Jn 14 : 5-7)

Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7 If you really know me, you will know[b] my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”

Dear Apostle Thomas,
After being with your Lord for almost three or so years, After listening to his many teachings and exhortations,
After witnessing all those miracles he had performed,
In a sense, it was really disappointing that you have self-exposed your own ignorance of the Way.
But in another sense, it really great of you to have outrightly admitted your ignorance and asked for further guidance.
Oh, dear Apostle Thomas, it is truly remarkable of you to have openly laid yourself bare inviting ridicule and disgust from others.
It is very innocently humble of you!
It is very candidly admitting the ignorance in you!
It is very vulnerably revealing of you!
There is little malice in you, right?
Had I been in a similar situation, I probably would have kept silent of my ignorance to appear smart.
…   ….  ….
Musings of Jesus
“Dear Thomas, I just like your child-like spontaneity!
You just can't be pretending to be all knowing!
You just can't help to hypocritical!
I still remember when all others were very scared to go to a hostile Jerusalem with me, Thomas, you are the only who said, ‘Come let us go and die with him!
Thomas, it was very comforting of you to have said so!
Thomas, I am really proud of your solidarity with me!
Thomas, when I made my post Resurrection appearance to the group you weren't there.
And understandably you were hurt, right?
But I liked the way you made known your hurt and protest.
Didn't I make it sure that you were present when I visited again.
Didn’t I call you out to come forward to get your wish fulfilled?
Thomas, I just like you, I just love you.
I am very proud of you, Thomas!”
…..   …..
Dear Jesus, the Risen Lord,
Whenever I took my own ways of sinful paths,
I was wandering away from you, the true Way.
I have deliberately followed my own way.
I have justified myself in following my own way and often ended up in hollow fulfillment and happiness.
Yet You, Oh, Jesus, the Risen Lord, You have kept following me closely and have been waiting for me
To correct my erring ways and to follow You, the Way.
Thank you,  Jesus, My Risen Lord!  A Million Thanks!

Dear Jesus, the Risen Lord,
I bring before you:
Everyone of my loved ones.
Everyone of my enemies who were and are.
Everyone who loves as well as hates me.
Everyone whom I love and whom i hate.
Everyone who helps me and who don't.
Everyone whom i have lead astray.
Everyone who is sick and needs healing.
Everyone who is in despair and needs hope.
Every priest who is in need of prayers.
Everyone who has met with me!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I thank You,
I thank the Father,
I thank the Spirit,
For Your Unsolicited gift of life for me!
For Your Uncountable blessings for me!
For Your Unlimited Patience with me!
For Your Untold Forgiveness for me!
For Your Unflinching faith in me!
For Your Unfailing Hope in me!
For Your Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
JoAchen
Sunday, 10th April  2016

These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are a sort of devotional musings and monologues mainly meant for my personal renewal and spiritual growth. They are a part of my journaling.
I am a near seventy year old Pallottine priest from India. I consider myself to be a "prodigal priest in process," trying to make my pilgrimage back to the Home of the Heavenly Father guided by His Son and the Holy Spirit, aided by the Blessed Mother and St. Joseph, and inspired by Thomas the Apostle and by Vincenzo Pallotti, "the apostle of Rome." Despite my academic studies in Indian Philosophy (India), Sacred Scriptures(Rome), Psychology (USA) and Teaching and Parish Ministries at home and abroad, I have yet to do a lot more and work on myself much more for my spiritual growth and personal maturity. As I lag behind, I strongly feel the urge and need to grow spiritually and wholistically. These Personal Reflections are a sort of Journal based on Sacred Scriptures and on personal experiences as a means to help the prodigal priest in me to keep coming back Home of my Heavenly Father. I need to start almost every day anew. I keep on counting the innumerable blessings which the Lord keeps showering on me for the last near seventy years and I keep on recounting my manifold sins and failures with a contrite heart.Trying out a semi-secluded way of life, I find myself perched on a Hilltop Shrine. Dear Reader, I keep holding you in my daily prayers and request you to do the same for me.Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment